University of Colombo Travel Grants Scheme
To financially assist academics to attend scientific meetings, conferences, symposia to present their research findings at international forums as well as to gain insights into the latest scientific and technological trends in the global arena.
- Staff members who hold tenured positions in the university and who are eligible for the research allowance under Establishment circular No 5/2014 (i) and 5/2014 (ii) dated 28.05.2014 and 30.05.2014 respectively can apply for presenting papers at the scientific conferences and cannot use for Conference, training programme and workshop participation.
- Should be linked to ongoing research or research completed within three years from the Conference/symposium date.
- If multiple authors are presenting, only one author can receive the funding.
- Should provide the evidence of the part funding if there is any.
- Can apply only after 2 years of the previous award.
- Rs. 200,000.00 maximum
- Air fare, registration fee, travel insurance, visa fee, accommodation and incidental expenses with a ceiling total value of Rs. 200,000.00
- Applicant should submit request letter including the application, justification and the letter of invitation to the Faculty/relevant Research Committee through the Head of the Department and the Dean of the Faculty.
- If multiple authors are involved a letter indicating their agreement for the proposed participation of the applicant should be included.
- Recommendation of the Faculty Research Committee should be forwarded to the University Research & Development Committee for its approval.
- Approved date of the Faculty Research Committee is considered as the date of application.
- Award must be approved by the University Research & Development Committee prior to attending the Conference.
- Only two awards will be allocated to each Faculty per year. Similarly two awards will be allocated to administrative and other allied grades covered by the Establishment circular No 5/2014 (i) and 5/2014 (ii) dated 28.05.2014 and 30.05.2014 respectively.
- Applicant must upload the article in the University e-repository unless the publisher has imposed restrictions for the publication and the University should be acknowledged in the article.
- Granting of the funds should not be construed as adequate authority for incurring expenditure. All expenditure should be incurred in accordance with the provisions of the relevant financial regulations, Establishment code and the instructions issued from time to time by the Government/the Council of the University.
- A detailed report must be submitted to the Research & Development Committee within 30 days of arrival.
Criteria for selection:
- Meets all eligibility criteria
- Justification and the recommendation of the Faculty research Committee
- Availability of funds