June 17, 2021 - 8:30 AM
June 17, 2021 - 2:40 PM
AddressDepartment of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo View map
CategoriesConference , Faculty of Sicence , Symposium , Webinars
The Department of Chemistry, University of Colombo is organizing an international (virtual) symposium (ACES 2021) on June 17th, 2021 (starting at 8.30 a.m.) highlighting how the cutting-edge of science (i.e. scientific exploration) had evolved over the last century (register: https://forms.gle/ieGbEGSeZuWPnkUH9 ). The attendees will also be able to catch a glimpse as to how the future of science would unfold in this century. This event will be graced by trailblazers in science such as Nobel laureates and pioneers in the field.
CONTRIBUTING SPEAKERS / TRAILBLAZERS
- Ada E. Yonath (Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009 for studies of the structure and function of ribosomes; first Israeli woman to win a Nobel Prize)
- Konstantin Novoselov (Nobel Prize in Physics 2010 for groundbreaking experiments on graphene)
- Peter C. Doherty (Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 1996 for discoveries concerning the cell-mediated immunity)
- Stuart Cantrill (Chief Editor, Nature Chemistry)
- Hema Karunadasa (Department of Chemistry, Stanford University)
We invite interested participants from all corners of the globe to attend this event and be enlightened on the cutting-edge scientific endeavours. Since this is a registration-only event, make sure to register to the symposium using the following link (https://forms.gle/ieGbEGSeZuWPnkUH9). More details of the symposium will be informed to the registrants.