8th Annual Sinhala Studies Symposium (සිංහල අධ්යයන සැසිය)
The 8th Annual Sinhala Studies Symposium organized by the Department of Sinhala, University of Colombo, was held on 17th October 2018 from 9.00 am – 6.00 pm at the Department of Sinhala. This year, the conference theme was “Sinhala Studies at Crossroads” and the event was extended through following sub-themes enabling a participation of wide range of scholars from both academic and non-academic research contexts across number of subject disciplines.
The conference accepted research proposals from socio-anthropological studies, political sciences, and other related study disciplines of humanities and social sciences. Thus, our goal was to explore ways in which Sinhala Studies overlap across other disciplines.
- Language and Linguistics භාෂාව හා වාග්විද්යාව
- Literary Studies සාහිත්ය අධ්යයන
- Cultural Studies සංස්කෘතික අධ්යයන
- Oriental Studies ප්රාචීන අධ්යයන
- Socio-Anthropological Studies සමාජ- මානවවිද්යා අධ්යයන
- Literary Criticism සාහිත්ය විචාර
- Drama, Performing and Fine Arts නාට්ය සහ රංගකලා
- Translation Studies පරිවර්තන සාහිත්යය
- Gender Studies ස්ත්රී-පුරුෂ සමාජභාවී අධ්යයන