Renting out University Family Quarters in the flat at Harischandra Mawatha
Applications are invited from the members of the Academic & Administrative Staff to consider the allocation of Quarters No. 7 /8 ( Family Quarters) situated at Harischandra Mawatha, Colombo 06.
Interested persons who comply with the bellow requirements should apply on or before 02.09.2019 through the Head/ Dean of the respective Faculty /Department/ Branch.
Applicants who applied for quarters in respect to previous advertisement dated 14.06.2019 need not apply again. Their applications will be considered.
The above Family Quarters will be given on rent on the following general terms and conditions;
- Only the members of the Academic & Administrative Staff are eligible to apply for the above Quarters.
- (a) A Quarters is allocated only for three (03) years subject to an Agreement between the University and the occupant. The rate applied during the first 03 years of occupation shall be 10% of the basic salary of the tenants in terms of provisions in the Government Establishment Code. (b) In addition to the rent, a monthly rental for the use of garage, if so required, will also be levied.
- The occupant of the flat will be required to pay his/her own meter charges for electricity & water. Dues if any after vacating Quarters will be deducted from the University Provident fund of the Lessee.
- The applicant should show adequate proof that he/she does not own a house in Colombo or suburbs. (by submitting an affidavit along with the application).
- Non adherence to the rules and regulations applicable to the Staff Quarters in the University may lead to disciplinary action against him/her.
In addition to the above, the occupant may be subject to other conditions that may be enforced by the University from time to time.
Application forms could be obtained from the Office of the Assistant Registrar/ Student & Staff Affairs.
Download the Notice & the Application
If you have difficulties of downloading the above documents, Please use your the university Colombo email address.