The 8th Annual Sinhala Studies Symposium organized by the Department of Sinhala, University of Colombo, is scheduled to be held on 17th October 2018 from 9.00 AM – 6.00 PM at the Department of Sinhala. This year the conference theme is “Sinhala Studies at Crossroads” and the event will be extended through following sub-themes enabling a participation of wide range of scholars from both academic and non-academic research contexts across number of subject disciplines.
The conference will accept research proposals from socio-anthropological studies, political sciences, and other related study disciplines of humanities and social sciences. Thus, our goal is to explore ways in which Sinhala Studies overlap across other disciplines.
- Language and Linguistics (භාෂාව හා වාග්විද්යාව)
- Literary Studies (සාහිත්ය අධ්යයන)
- Cultural Studies (සංස්කෘතික අධ්යයන)
- Oriental Studies (ප්රාචීන අධ්යයන)
- Socio-Anthropological Studies (සමාජ- මානවවිද්යා අධ්යයන)
- Literary Criticism (සාහිත්ය විචාර)
- Drama, Performing and Fine Arts (නාට්ය සහ රංගකලා)
- Translation Studies (පරිවර්තන සාහිත්යය)
- Gender Studies (ස්ත්රී-පුරුෂ සමාජභාවී අධ්යයන)
Conference website – https://sinhalastudiessymposium2018.weebly.com/